The Bran Report

It's good for parts of you that you'd probably rather not think about.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Home truths

The hermit


This week has made me realise a few home truths about myself.

I have a very focused intellect. If you say to me "Hey, Nathan, what's the product of two imaginary numbers that are orthogonal?", I'll go into a hapy trance and then say "i, times the complex square of the first number". If you say "Kerosene, right? Could we replace that with something? What do you think?" Then I'm going to flail about and timidly ask for some numbers.

Secondly, I am not a good team-worker. Or rather, I am iff the task is precisely defined and ideally, can be done by a group of people acting alone. I don't want to collaborate, guys. I dont want to discuss things. Let's just all go and do what we do best, right? Right?

In short, this group-research project is not pleasing to me. Roll on Solar One, and the start of some hard-thinkin' about p-type semiconductors.

Anyway, I must be off. It's time to collaborate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home