The Bran Report

It's good for parts of you that you'd probably rather not think about.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Invisible City

File in Rythm by Beight


I have an obsessive turn of mind when it comes to music. Two weeks after I added Teardrop by Massive Attack to my iTunes library, it had accumulated a playcount in the low fifties.

Right now, I am constantly humming Invisible City by Beight. Sadly, so far I only know two lines of lyric- five words, if you don't count "Woh-woh".

I dropped five Pounds Sterling on the album and since I did so from the record label of the future, Magnatune, I am legally entitled to pass on the download keys to three people. Two I already have in mind: Anyone who comments to this post and helps me deceive myself that I'm a blogstar may have the third.
The rest of you are stuck with the other option: Go to the Magnatune site and hit "play". You can stream the entire album at radio quality.

I feel that this is a business model that competes well with the more traditional rights you get when you buy a CD- you know, "This music maynot be traded, lent, performed in public, or played on a personal MP3 player at sufficient volume for someone sat next to you on a quiet bus to maybe overhear a little bit of it".

Now, I'm not the kind of person to start neddlessly ambitious projects at whim, but it makes me want to start a podcast. On reflection, it might be a little repetitive.

3 Comments:

At 7:25 pm, September 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think that I would like it, please send it to the West.

 
At 7:26 pm, September 21, 2006, Blogger Nathan said...

Great, now I'm going to have to ask everyone I meet "Are you James C. Scott?"

 
At 11:21 pm, September 21, 2006, Blogger Maxwell Edison said...

Give it to me. You know who I am, and it'll fit in nicely with the millions of tracks I've stolen from you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home