The Bran Report

It's good for parts of you that you'd probably rather not think about.

Friday, September 08, 2006

You win a prize



Yesterday I got a certificate in the post- that is, in the internal university network. It was a certificate proclaiming that "Diabetes Stories: The Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocriniology and Metabolism" had won the teaching category of the OxTalent IT awards.

A little digging revealed that I have a doppelganger who does, indeed, work at the OCDEM, and even not knowing anything else I decided that the winning entry was more likely written by him than me.

I've agreed to forward it, but I'm still tempted to keep it, much like one would keep a stone eroded by the sea into an interesting shape: A physical symbol of strange unkowable currents. I'd frame it next to my degree. It could be a testimony to my complicated beliefs about contingency and ignorance.

Also, because I never win anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home