The Bran Report

It's good for parts of you that you'd probably rather not think about.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Let's Powerise

As I mentioned yesterday, my old bike has given up on me. While contemplating the altrnatives for the future, I was reading the Independent and it gave me a great idea.

When i say "Great", of course, there's always the possibility that it will actually be a "terrible" idea. I make no apologies. That's just the cost of genius.

The thing is, I know I can pick up a high-quality used bike in Oxford for, if I want to push the boat out, about £60. That's one option. What I really want to do, however, is drop another week's wages on the problem and get myself Boots of Springing and Striding.

There are downsides, I'll admit. Like, I have terrible balance and ice-skating (an activity I imagine takes similar levels of co-ordination) I once described as being like a neurological disorder, except that you can stop doing it. I really don't like falling over. I also dislike teetering, and accidentally kicking pedestrians in the face with steel.

And at the end of the day, £220... or 500 American Cruzeros... is a lot compared to the £80 that will get me the finest bicycle I could want.

Sigh... looks like I won't be powerising anytime soon.

1 Comments:

At 6:40 pm, September 08, 2006, Blogger Maxwell Edison said...

This looks amazing, but dangerous. But amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home