The Bran Report

It's good for parts of you that you'd probably rather not think about.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Excerpt from my list of life goals

14. Learn to play the Zither
15. Spend a year in Iceland
16. Square the circle
17. Rebuke a thief while naked
Loughborough has, as I may have mentioned, failed to impress me- but yesterday it allowed me to cross something off the ol' list.

I'm real late for work so I won't go into more detail, but I have learned that saying "Hey, no, get the hell out of here" in an irritated tone is appently enough to get someone to abandon a burglary attempt.

Oh Loughborough, your small-town quaintness never fails to charm.

5 Comments:

At 9:24 pm, August 23, 2007, Blogger Peter said...

#18 Kill him.

 
At 9:27 pm, August 23, 2007, Blogger Nathan said...

Maybe that's the American Dream, but over here we just complain about someone to our friends but never address the issue directly with the person stealing our stuff.

 
At 9:28 pm, August 23, 2007, Blogger Peter said...

In other news, I am in the middle of a six day orientation adventure. Each day I get oriented for a full 12 hours. That might sound like small potatoes to a working man like yourself, but math camp + government memo writing workshops = death. Also, I have no hot water, my roof leaks, my bedroom has 3 walls, Comcast Internet does not believe that my house exists and therefore refuses to install internet, and the floor smells of 6 year old cat urine. On the upside, things are going well, and I'm thinking of studying abroad at Oxford next summer. Or maybe I'll just fly to China and stay.

 
At 9:29 pm, August 23, 2007, Blogger Peter said...

Wow, we're on your blog at the same time. This is like old school IM.

 
At 11:27 pm, August 23, 2007, Blogger Charlie said...

I bet if you played the zither in a circle while naked, you wouldn't have had to rebuke the thief. That's an argument for following the numbers on your list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home