The Bran Report

It's good for parts of you that you'd probably rather not think about.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Argh

You know what's awesome? When you're doing numerical calculations and it turns out that the computer you've been allocated doesn't have a USB port. It's got a floppy disk drive, an infra-red port, a modem port, some ports that I think might be RCA and SCART and (goshdarn it) a DVD burner, but no USB, no firewire, nothing.

Also, the C drive is almost full and it doesn't seem to want to workany harder than 20% CPU.

I have to present my results in two weeks and I can't get this darned thing to...


Oh look. Windows has thrown up an error message. I'd go ask my supervisor about it, but he's decided to go on holiday for three weeks. THANKS, SIMON WATSON.

Maybe now is a good time to move on to the hot-air-balooning-millionaire-explorer stage of my career.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 am, August 20, 2007, Blogger Nathan said...

Just to clarify, the reason for the "argh" is that right now, it looks like I'm going to have to trasfer millions of pieces of data a distance of two feet by writing them all down on paper and re-entering them by hand.

This is not an optimal solution. Nor is it a problem that I will receive credit for working on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home