The Bran Report

It's good for parts of you that you'd probably rather not think about.

Friday, August 31, 2007

The Beard of Demosthenes


I have made a choice. As you all realise by now, I don't care for my current lifestyle at all and this discontent will be jarringly driven home next week when I present a paper and lecture based on my research. I really don't want to have to make a Poerpoint slide that says "During the day I played Minesweeper and read the Durham webpages. At night I drank Guiness and wept in the dark".

So that I won't have to lie, I have chosen to go crazy.

From here on out, it's spreadsheets, streamlines, powerpoints, timing cues, references, all the paraphenalia of someone who sacrifices their life for a career. In short, I need to live the life of the City Man for a while.

Do not expect my prescence on the intertron until August the 16th.

Peace.



Alternate formulation of this post

Deadlines!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home