The Bran Report

It's good for parts of you that you'd probably rather not think about.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Annoyances

Some things that have annoyed me this weekend.

  1. The boiler broke down, meaning we were all walking around wearing loads of clothes. This did not bond the house as well as you might hope. One house member spent the night in someone else's bed just for the warmth and, annoyingly, it wasn't me.

  2. When we called the called the landlord to beg for heat, he said that I hadn't ever paid rent and was not happy for this situation to continue.

  3. I got a letter from Oxford telling me that I owed them a heap of cash and that they weren't happy for this situation to continue.

  4. Although I emailed Durham a month ago, they have not responded. I can take loosing opportunities due to my own sloth and ignorance- it's kind of my hobby- but to do so due to administrative error is, well, annoying. Also, I hate writing reminder emails and have now been forced to do so.

  5. I sit exams in a week. This is really more of a circumstance bonus to the previous troubles than a problem in it's own right: after all, this is my ninth consecutive year of exams (not counting SATS and other cakewalks). They're kind of fun, in a way.


So, yeah! It's just as well I'm in such a beautiful location, or I might be quite down about my life decisions now.

2 Comments:

At 5:18 pm, January 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain.

 
At 10:10 am, January 25, 2007, Blogger Em said...

I also feel your pain. I offer a warming smile :) and the love of an old housey to cheer you up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home