The Bran Report

It's good for parts of you that you'd probably rather not think about.

Friday, October 13, 2006

DC 5

There is a low fence ouside the door of our house here in the Balrog. It's pretty dilapidated and looks a bit rubbish, but it makes me happy for one simple reason.

When I arrive at the house by foot I look up and down Forest road to see if there's anyone about. Assuming I am unobserved, I take a little run-up and hop over the part that's broken and slightly lower. It makes me happy.

The strange thing, though, is that when I thought of how to describe this to you, a phrase popped into my head, unbidden: "It's not a challenge, only about a DC 5 jump".

Things have been crazy these last few weeks, what with getting to know a new place and all. I hadn't realised I was down to thinking about the world in terms of The Core Mechanic, though.

Advice is solicited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home