The Bran Report

It's good for parts of you that you'd probably rather not think about.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Woomch!

So, I had a post about anti-semitism brewing in my brain. Instead, I'm going to link to animated gifs featuring Boromir.

I wonder, have we grown less reverent as a society? If computers had been around earlier, would we have got Tales for the leet in the 17th century? have we always loved turning things on their heads?

(PRO TIP: Do not watch the last thing I linked to unless you have the patience of the moon and the stars.)

2 Comments:

At 10:42 pm, July 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi vai, did you watch that documentary? I don't know where to begin except possibly to say Channel 4? What were you thinking?!

 
At 11:42 pm, July 09, 2007, Blogger Nathan said...

I didn't watch it, because there was too much rage in my body. The guy had a feature in Saturday's Mail, and in the first paragraph he used- with no apprent irony- the phrases "The Facist Left" and "Islamonazis". I can't imagine there's anyone who doesn't quake in fear at the notion of swarthy men with turbans and toothbrush-moustaches, ten feet tall, voices booming about leibensraum and jihad.

He also made reference to the days of Oswald Mosley, which is something I encourage Daily Mail journalists to do.

...Wait. Is all this a joke? Am I loosing the ability to distinguish between reality and satire? Surely this whole thing is too asinine to be true. It's Brasseye all over again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home