The Bran Report

It's good for parts of you that you'd probably rather not think about.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Seven Samurai

Man, does anyone really like this film?

Maybe it's just from a different age, or maybe it's just from a different culture, or maybe I'm just a bad person.

I mean, The Seventh Seal was... OK. Super-long, but OK. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly was realreal long too, though I had an easier time with it on account of it was dubbed very well, had more humour, had, in fact, my cultural reference frame in common. Seven Samurai, though. I thought it was almost done but it turned out to be less than a third done. Long pauses, phrases left unsubtitled, exchanges I just plain don't get...

Actually, I have found a way that I like it more. Play it on 2x speed. Of course, there's no sound, but it has next to no sound anyway.

Watching classic cinema on fast-forward. I'm so americanised, by this time tomorrow I'll be popping ritalin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home