The Bran Report

It's good for parts of you that you'd probably rather not think about.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Tin ears and sausage fingers



I actually intend to learn four of these. One, I'll just learn the first ten seconds of and then say "Only joking!"

If my housemates don't murder me1, I'll certainly be at risk of having my Atheist Membership Card taken away2. So, uh, keep it under your hats, OK?


1. They'll plead "Not guilty by reason of mangled G-chords" and get a year's imprisonment, suspended.
2. And I do so love imposing my agenda on America's media and lawmakers. Not so much for the conspiracy and power, more that the get-togethers always have the very best gefilte and caviar.

5 Comments:

At 5:51 pm, March 16, 2007, Blogger Nathan said...

I have just hit upon the best idea ever: an acoustic version of the (original, 1960's era) Dr Who theme.

Most of it would translate pretty well, but I might just have to shout "WooeeeeOOOO, eeooooo" at the appropriate point. I guess that's when you find out if the audience is onboard with your plan or not.

 
At 9:53 pm, March 16, 2007, Blogger Peter said...

So I trust that this means your guitar lives? What type did you get? And more importantly: DON'T LEARN STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN, EVEN IF YOU'RE ONLY GOING TO LEARN THE FIRST TEN SECONDS. SAVE US, PRECIOUS. I wish you good luck and god speed. Remember: play it really slowly but keep the correct time. If you don't get used to transitions and time at the beginning, you'll always think it's OK to play a chord, stop, move your fingers, and start playing the next one. That would make you like 98% of people that play guitar in college.

 
At 10:07 pm, March 16, 2007, Blogger Maxwell Edison said...

The correct thing to do when learning to play guitar is to aim way too high, then crash and burn.

I recommend learning the chords to 'losing my religion' first of all. Fun song, easy rythm. THEN move on to Iron&wine.

 
At 10:11 pm, March 16, 2007, Blogger Nathan said...

No Stairway! Denied!

I cannot get dang transitions at all. Let's hope that I get to grips with them as quickly as I have gotten to grips with very shakingly plinking out a chromatic scale.

 
At 5:56 am, March 17, 2007, Blogger Peter said...

Hahaha - thank Zeus. Don't worry; it'll take time. Just do it really slowly. You won't be good at it until your fingers are firm and mighty. Don't get discouraged. You will be a rock GOD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home