The Bran Report

It's good for parts of you that you'd probably rather not think about.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Identity

It's a very strange thing when you realise that someone's conception of you differs from your own. In the past three days, three different people have made some comment that reveals they hold a fairly significant misconception about me. I mean , it's not important, but I want to set the record straight.
    So:
  • When I refer to my teenage years, I mean the nineties, not the eighties.
  • When I refer to my friend visiting, I mean a platonic friend, not a boyfriend.
  • When I refer to my family home, I mean Devon and not Ireland.

2 Comments:

At 10:30 pm, February 18, 2007, Blogger okapian said...

That's scarily close to misconceptions about me. The only difference is (and, believe me, I'm deadly serious about this) is that they assume I grew up in the 70s.

 
At 10:31 pm, February 18, 2007, Blogger okapian said...

Oh, and I'm not from Devon, but they do think I'm from Ireland.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home