The Bran Report

It's good for parts of you that you'd probably rather not think about.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Turnin' it around

I have said before and I will say again: I hate sorting things out. For me, the harmonious natural order is "I have completed year two: now to go on to year three. What buffet options should I take?"

I have, instead, to say "Well, I have only studied engineering for three months but I guess it's time to choose my ridiculously specific PhD project. Um..."

Actually, that's not the biggest problem. I have idea of what I want to do with the next three years of my life. The question is, who's going to pay for it? How does an honest man find thirty grand?

And them's Pounds Sterling, Colonial.

As such, it's a huge relief when you stumble acorss a web page that says "Come and have some money, Sassanach. We've got loads."

I'm viewing the future and am excited, rather than pensive. It's a return to form!

2 Comments:

At 7:10 pm, December 06, 2006, Blogger Peter said...

In the US you can get full funding + stipends. Do not fear the GRE. And if you do well enough you get to be in MENSA! Well, unless you don't want to give them money and fill out paperwork. Why is anyone in MENSA?
Nathan, it is time for you to go West. It ain't Valinor, but...well, we are the founders of modern repressive global capitalism!

 
At 7:37 pm, December 06, 2006, Blogger Nathan said...

I actually got invited to be in Mensa at 14. Testing back then indicated that I have an IQ of 158 or, as I like to think of it, "16". True story.

Also, I was under the impression that your country was discovered, colonised and eventually broke away as a consequence of England's oppresive global capitalism. (Burn!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home