The Bran Report

It's good for parts of you that you'd probably rather not think about.

Monday, June 04, 2007

How do you bust the clouds?

One night I overheard the prior exchanging words
with a penitent whaler from the sea
The captain of his ship (who matched you toe to tip)
was known for a wanton cruelty.


In keeping with my ambition to keep current with what cool kids were listening to two years ago, I have just purchased In the Reins and Picaresque.

I am unable to escape this thought.
Prison on Route 41 ≈ Fairytale of New York
Red Dust ≈ Hotel California

Someone please tell me I am crazy.

Also, I think I like the songs about whales and Old London Town better than the songs about horses and the summer. I'm sorry, Alyssa. I hope it is still OK for us to be friends.

EDIT: In the time it has taken me to compose this post, I have played In the Reins though the TV while workin' on tomorrow's exam in the front room. It gains greatly from bigger speakers. It's almost finished, and might well get a back-to-back playing. This race is apparently not as clear-cut as it seemed.

1 Comments:

At 6:53 pm, June 04, 2007, Blogger Nathan said...

Picaresque is the kind of music we will be making around the fire after industrial civilization collapses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home