The Bran Report

It's good for parts of you that you'd probably rather not think about.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Catchup

Oh, hey, wow. It turns out that I'm not as good at organising my time as I should be. I guess this is what happens when you spend a few months saying "Oh, you want me to move Comptes Rendus? OK, I guess I'll just do that untill the little hand reaches five, then go home and play Knights of the Old Republic". Then someone says "Hey, why doesn't Jsc increase when you increase the operating temperature of polycrsytalline silicon?" and I'm off for four days.

In other news, my sports scientist housemate asked me how to calculate a percentage and "what the point of cos" is.

In still other news, another housemate asked me if I'd ever read Lord of the Rings. I was actually unable to think of a suitable answer.

3 Comments:

At 11:24 am, October 26, 2006, Blogger Maxwell Edison said...

Did the third then say "I smell man flesh" and mark you with the hand of Sauron?

 
At 10:57 am, October 27, 2006, Blogger Nathan said...

Oh, come on! It's the rec EYE of Sauron, or the white hand of SARUMAN. That's a rookie mistake, and I expect better of you.

 
At 1:23 pm, November 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just been asked in a Bioinformatics session by a fellow student which of the following is bigger:

6.09EXP(-30) or 1.06EXP (-20)

It was the presence of the 6 that appeared to confuse her, in any case as my dear Bran Reporter would say: MEH?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home